Friday, October 30, 2009

Current Project

What got me started on this new addiction?  We have a family reunion coming up next summer.  Several of my siblings have been asking me for copies of mom's recipes over the years.  It just seemed like a natural step to combine this with a scrapbooking project:  Make a family cookbook to give everyone at the reunion.   I was just typing up the recipes and adding clip art, but that got boring really quickly.  So I started surfing the web to see if I could find new images to use.  and what did I find?  Digital scrapbooking.  I've made a half-dozen or so pages.  Then I got side-tracked experimenting with Photoshop Elements to see what I can do.  I've downloaded nearly a gig's worth of files, some purchased, some freebies.   Below is one of the pages I've done. 




This is one of the early ones.  I hadn't learned about drop shadows yet.  And, as you can see, this is in 12x12 format.  I've decided to do the pages as 8.5x11 so that the finished book will fit easily on a cookbook shelf.  So, I'll be redoing this eventually.  Even so, I'm very pleased with it.

Credits:  All papers and Elements came from the kit:  Lord of the Harvest, by Vicky Day.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: