Friday, November 27, 2009

Having Fun!



Oh, boy! Am I having a blast!  I've learned a lot about photoshop and the wonderful things you can do with it.  I've been so busy scrapping that I have completely and thoroughly filled up the hard drive on my laptop. 

I've had the computer almost 5 years now and it only has a 38 gig hard drive.  Its taken us 5 years to fill it, but since I started scrapping, it didn't take long at all.  I'm going to have to upgrade/or move things to an external hard drive.

I'm also going to have to upgrade my RAM.  Photoshop uses so much and its very slow going with what I have now.  Still I manage to get a page done almost every night.  Sometimes I have to spill over into another day.

I found the most wonderful book!  It is called Scrapbook Page Maps:  Sketches for Creative Layouts by Becky Fleck.  It is full of sketches to help you design your scrapbook layouts.  I was running out of ideas when I got my book the day before Thanksgiving.  I'm still working on my cookbook and I'm seriously running out of ideas.  I mean really. After all, how many different ways can you present a recipe and make it look fresh and new?  Today is the day after Thanksgiving.  I've already made three new pages, but they are also 100% better than what I was doing before.  I'm going to have to take some time off and clear some disk space on my computer.  In the meantime, here's one of my new, improved pages.   I'll post a link to Becky's site and the book as well.

I'm not 100% happy with this yet.  I think it needs something at the top around the "yummy" sticker.  Maybe some more of the flowers?

Credits:  All papers and the recipe card are from the Velma Balint set: Mother's Kitchen, The green ribbon and the lace it is on are from the collection:  Family Ties, by Erica Hite of Scrapgirls.  The "yummy" sticker is from the Cherry Pie collection by Amanda McGee at ScrapGirls, and was color changed. It was originally red and white.The flower, the journaling block, and the orangy ribbon are all mine.

0 comments: